Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Er, I, uh hereby declare today Snow Day!

Got a healthy helping of "wintry mix" overnight last night, which has turned the Sepinwall family into shut-ins. Julia already had a bad cold, so instead of testing out her new sled, methinks she's in for an all-day "Jack's Big Music Show" marathon. Very strange to see Cheryl Hines doing kids TV; I keep expecting her to say, "Really, Mel? Are you sure that's a good idea?"

The morning column link: reviews of BBC America's very cool "The State Within," Fox News Channel's very lame "The 1/2 Hour News Hour," plus the news that Sci-Fi ignored the lousy ratings for "Battlestar Galactica" season three and renewed it for season four.

Reviews of "Gilmore Girls" and "Veronica Mars" to come shortly. Though I intend to watch the "Idol" Hollywood episodes, my commentary's not going to kick in until the semi-finals.

4 comments:

Annie said...

But Cheryl did the Larry stare! Hilarious.

Marsha said...

Hey, another JBMS fan! I thought both Cheryl Hines and Jon Stewart were great. we've been unable to stop saying "Sudsy Bubblestein" in my house for days.

Adam said...

I still haven't seen the Stewart episode, but Lucy [heart] Laurie Berkner to the nth degree. I haven't had the stomach to explain to her that Brian got axed.

Alan Sepinwall said...

Adam, when you get around to the Stewart episode, keep an eye on the guitar player who sings the song about digging in the ground. It's Steve from Blue's Clues.

Is there a specific brand of nerd-dom that can be applied to things that only parents know or care about?