Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The spoiler policy. Again.

The number of comments I'm being forced to delete because they contain future spoilers has reached a point where I feel like I'm going to have to repost the following every single day until it stops. So here goes:

This site is a spoiler-free zone. Obviously, there are spoilers about things that have already aired -- and warnings to protect people who watch TV on their own schedule in these days, but my posts and the comments that follow are not meant to spoil anything that hasn't aired yet.

I don't care what kind of juicy rumor you heard on the radio, or read on another site, or heard from you best friend's cousin who works for craft services at Silvercup Studios or whatever. DO NOT POST ANY KIND OF SPOILER, OR EVEN RUMOR ABOUT A SPOILER, HERE. I'm just going to delete it as soon as I see it, so there won't be any discussion of what you wrote, and you'll just be annoying me, your normally friendly host.

We all clear on this?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My neighbor's cousin's inlaw works with this guy who is having an affair with the sister of the paperboy of Alan's mother's friend from high school's canasta partner and it looks certain that Alan is going to delete a spoiler tomorrow.

Alan Sepinwall said...

Dammit, Iffer! I told you not to tell people that!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for picking this post to ask this question but what did you think of the 24 finale?

Alan Sepinwall said...

Didn't watch it. Had given up on the season a few weeks ago, and though I started to watch the finale out of loyalty (and the awareness that the producers usually give good finales even in bad seasons), I got bored quickly by all the hand-wringing about Jack's nephew and stopped. Friends later told me I made the right call, and I don't doubt them.

BF said...

My favorite part of the finale was when Jack used a [SPOILER] to [SPOILER] his [SPOILER].
Then he [SPOILER] the [SPOILER] until [SPOILER] committed [SPOILER].

Man, it was unbelievable!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew it! The Island is really IACON!

Anonymous said...

What would be REALLY nice is if the stupid Lost producers didn't list all the guest stars at the start of the episode. Talk about spoilers.

Anonymous said...

Which is why I don't pay attention to the screen when the season credits roll.

Anonymous said...

Er, season finale credits.

Anonymous said...

I avert my eyes at the opening credits these days to avoid those spoilers. Thus, I was surprised when Kyle Secor resurfaced on Veronica Mars and when [Spoiler] resurfaced on Lost tonight.

BF said...

[SPOILER] has been eating their Wheaties.

Damn. I guess Heroes still has a thing or two to learn about finales. Let the masters show you how it's done.

Anonymous said...

Heh, the Lost Easter Eggs blog is getting POUNDED.

Alan Sepinwall said...

"Lost" post will be up before I fall asleep, I promise, so start saving up your thoughts for that thread.

Anonymous said...

Don't shows give guest credits up front because the credits at the end usually get scrunched in order to make room for more commercials? I just assumed that agents for guest actos began demanding up front credits as a result.

Anon

Anonymous said...

Producers can get exceptions from the guest credits at the beginning to credit, say, "Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck," after the end of the episode.

Alan Sepinwall said...

And the "Lost" post is up, so you can talk about guest credits and such over there.