Friday, September 18, 2009

Michael Strahan: From Giants star to sitcom star? - Sepinwall on TV

As I do whenever I'm in the Sunday paper, I'm posting the column online today, so you can go to NJ.com to read my profile of Michael Strahan, whose sitcom "Brothers" debuts a week from tonight. I don't like the show, but Strahan in person is an incredibly funny and charming guy, which hopefully is even more clear if you read the full interview transcript. (The feature is shorter, if you prefer, and it also has a few mocking quotes from Osi Umenyiora, and a Chris Fedak cameo.) Plus, he gave me one of my favorite sports memories of all time.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

This is kind of sad, but as a Giants fan born in the 80s, I do the same thing with Super Bowl 42 if I ever need a pick-me-up.

Alan Sepinwall said...

Ain't nothing wrong with that, Jeff.

"17-14 is the final! Believe it, and it will happen!"

Hatfield said...

As a Patriots fan, that game still stings, but I've always liked Strahan off the field. Thanks for the interview.

Sonia said...

I met Michael Strahan at an American Express fitness and health event in the beginning of his career. He was (and still is) one of the most charming and considerate people I have ever met. There were thousands of Amex employees there, and he was truly making an effort to meet people and talk to them. He was gracious, talkative, and easy with the laughs. I hope nothing but good things for him (and I sure hope his sitcom doesn't stink).