Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sepinwall on TV: 'Eli Stone' season two review

In today's column, I review the start of "Eli Stone" season two. You may remember that I didn't like the show that much when it debuted earlier this year, then grew to like it quite a bit by the end of the first season. My feelings on the new season are somewhere in between. Based on the two episodes I've seen, I'm just not sure Berlanti, Guggenheim and company are positive about what they want to do with the show this season. Hopefully, the learning curve this time will be at least as good as it was last time.

6 comments:

Matt said...

I like the show a lot, but the effort to turn "Eli's Coming" into a positive, affirming anthem, when we all know it's about a bad man coming, is a bit annoying.

Mrglass said...

Wow, only 1 comment. This show is done.

In other news, congratulations to Alan because it looks like the Star Ledger won't go under just yet.

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of the show, and I thought the premiere was solid. They used Sigourney Weaver perfectly.

Sometimes the goofiness can be over the top, but I think it is an overall enjoyable show. In an era of countless legal shows, this one has a nice twist.

jenmoon said...

I loved it. Excellent job. Loved the twist and Eli getting a choice in the matter (if not Nate).

Laura Tull said...

I loved the show, and everything it stood for first season, I worked it. But Eli Stone and ABC and Scientology have pretty much destroyed my life. I want my life back. If cancelling it would give me my reason for living and fighting cancer back, than cancel it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy this show immensely. The writing is bold in that it dares to take stances based on the heart, based on humanity. The occasional intertwining of musical numbers are a treat. The actors are all first rate - Victor Garber, Jonny Lee Miller, Natasha Henstridge - any show would be lucky to have just one of them, but, all three together is remarkable (and fun to watch). The supporting cast is equal to the task - kudos to James Saito, Matt Letscher, Loretta Devine, Sam Jaeger, Jason George and Julie Gonzalo. It's a quality show whose ensemble of actors and writers reward its viewers with imaginative stories told with grace and charm. Frack, I'm going to miss this one.