The silliness. My word, the silliness. I just want to list some of the many marvelously silly things in this episode:
- "Follow the yellow thick hose"
- "Jews for cheeses"
- An odor expert named "Le Nez" (French for "The Nose")
- The pop-up bookstore as parody of ultra-serious comic book stores ("Pop-ups aren't just for kids anymore")
- Emerson reading Knit Wit magazine and then obsessing over pop-up books
- Ned's bearskin rug story
- Olive, when she wasn't busy falling out of her dress even more than usual, threatening to cut a bitch
- The perfectly befuddled look on Lee Pace's face during the first decontamination scene
- Did I mention the "Jews for Cheeses" t-shirt? From the Hebrew Feta Fest?
- All the retro touches, like Emerson offering up a Klondike-5 phone number, or the aunts' wooden "slide" viewers
Pure, stupid pleasure that hour was. Again, happy Thanksgiving everybody.