Brief spoilers for the "Flight of the Conchords" season two premiere coming up just as soon as I weave some pants...
I'm burnt-out from press tour, and I made my point about the good comedy/weak songwriting aspect to these early episodes in Thursday's column, so I'm just going to go straight to the predictable bullet point list of the things I found especially funny in the premiere, and then you guys can talk about the rest:
• Murray, unable to curse, tells the guys "Stuff you!," followed by Jemaine complaining "Why did I get double-stuffed?"
• While Murray's opera was kind of forgettable, the first few moments when I realized he would be singing (or lip-syncing) opera was quite lovely
• Dave's story of the women on the plane, followed by him acknowledging that he knows actual women "pretty much"
• Dave's proof of his amazing deal-making prowess is a macrame owl
• Mel seems far more abusive to poor Doug this year, with the hog noises and her complaining, "Why did you come, Doug, if you didn't want to light a fire?"
• "I'm persona non-regatta, you know what that means?" "You're not at a yacht race?"
• The wonderful look of relief on Rhys Darby's face when Murray realizes that nobody noticed that he quit -- and also all that says about how non-essential Murray is to the consulate's operations
What did everybody else think?