Friday, January 23, 2009

Three Friday Night Lights things

Three "Friday Night Lights" points:
  1. I did an interview for NPR's "All Things Considered" to bridge the end of the DirecTV season and the start of the NBC run, but it got bumped by inauguration preview stories. It ran today, and you can listen to it here.
  2. Because I'm re-posting the original versions of each episode review in order to retain the comments, they're not going to ping RSS readers, so don't forget to click here to see the latest review.
  3. A number of people complained that I yanked the DirecTV reviews before they had a chance to read my take on the last couple of episodes. Since I didn't give a lot of notice about this, I've temporarily re-posted the reviews for the penultimate episode, "Underdogs," and for the season finale, "Tomorrow Blues." They'll be back up for one week, until next Friday, so if you recorded them on DirecTV and haven't watched yet, you have between now and then to read 'em, or to simply save them for later reading, and then they're going away again until the episodes air on NBC.
That is all.

8 comments:

Alanna said...

Great interview - I caught it as I was pulling into the driveway. I was amused, though, that they included a clip from the season finale in a preview of the season itself. Fortunately, it wasn't spoilery.

Anonymous said...

to 3.:
two words: Google Cache.
What was once in the internet, stays there...
Although I haven't understood why you deleted the posts in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reposting the last two reviews. I hadn't yet had a chance to read the last one when they got yanked, and I had no success trying to retrieve it through the google cache.

Anonymous said...

Another bit of FNL news is that NBC has the deleted scenes that aired on DirecTV on nbc.com. So far I have no complaints about what was cut.

Dan Jameson said...

What is the best site to watch FNL episodes online? Apparently I deleted my series recording for FNL back whenever season 2 ended and it seemed the series was done. I have since forgotten to reset it...and as a result I missed the first two episodes.

Thanks!

Alan Sepinwall said...

Dan, go to Hulu's FNL page.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reposting, Alan. I must have just missed them, and was wondering why you hadn't shared your thoughts on the last two episodes.

Dan Jameson said...

Thanks Alan!