Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Quest for beta-testers

In a series of office negotiations too convoluted to go into here, I volunteered to do "Idol" recaps for NJ.com's new-and-improved blog interface, beginning tonight.

The new set-up looks a hell of a lot better than the old one, and even allows comments, but I'm still working the bugs out, so anyone with a few minutes of free time who wants to pay it a visit and offer an opinion on how it looks, works and how easy it is to comment, would be much appreciated. I posted a modified version of my top 12 guys review there as a placeholder. The direct link is here, while the main page for the blog will be here. Comment here or there on ease of use (or lack thereof).

Depending on how people take to the new location, I may duplicate my "Idol" reviews here for the time being, and even if I don't, I'll definitely put a direct link to each entry here so people can comment wherever they want. Also, this will remain the home of all the other reviews.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things about the new site - I never like when a site has any type of audio playing when I access it. The ad had audio. Also, you have to register to comment, which I'm sure is good for the site, but just an annoyance to me.

As long as you're posting the entries here, I'll just read them here.

All that said, I do hope the new site brings you new readers - which I assume is the goal.

Beth - bethmauldin.com

dark tyler said...

It's simple, but it looks okay. Personally I got no audio from the ads, but maybe I was just lucky. It bothers me, too, when it happens.

I agree about the signing up thing. Why not just put a name there and be done with it, like in almost all blogs?

Another thing. Maybe it was just me, but I couldn't locate the blog from the main page. Scratch that, I just did, but I had to go to the Entertainment Tab and look a bit more while there, instead of the Blogs Tab, which would make more sense. Anyway, maybe it was just me.

Anonymous said...

It's Alan, giving something a try, as people have complained about the word verification today.