Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Swag of the day

Someone in the Fox PR department has a kitchen fetish, I think. In the past, I've gotten red Coke glasses (for "American Idol"), an ice cream scooper ("Arrested Development"), a pepper grinder and pot-holder ("Kitchen Confidential"), and today's arrival of the "Wedding Bells" screener came with a brand-new toaster, which I suppose is a standard wedding gift. This naturally brings to mind the following Stanley quote from "Gay Witch Hunt," which isn't quite as good as his Pretzel Day monologue, but is still genius if you can hear Leslie David Baker's voice delivering it:

I got them a toaster. They called off the wedding and gave the toaster back to me. I tried to return the toaster to the store, and they said they no longer sold that kind of toaster. So now my house has got two toasters.


UPDATE: One of the cracker-jack commenters pointed out that you can experience the toaster speech in all its glory over on that there YouTube thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you got a toaster for a successful recruiting attempt? Who did you turn gay, Alan? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Alan Sepinwall, how can you not link this in this post? My goodness. Stanley would be dismayed.

Alan Sepinwall said...

You know, you would think by now, after about 17 dozen different "Everything is on YouTube" follow-ups to my posts, I would just automatically go looking for that stuff. Nice pull.

Daniel said...

I got my toaster. If this had come three weeks ago, after I through out my previously toaster, I'd be a happy man (except for having to eventually watch "The Wedding Bells"). But I went to Target last week and bought myself a toaster-oven.

Now I, like Stanley, have two toasters.

Daniel

Alan Sepinwall said...

Now it's Phyllis who was the two toasters, not Stanley.

And I'd rather have a toaster oven than a plain-ol' toaster, especially if I still lived in an apartment.

DNR said...

I hope House is giving tapeworms.