Sunday, January 22, 2006

My life is now complete

I just got something better than a Mr. Eko lunchbox, or t-shirt, or underoos. I got a Mr. Eko freaking hug, baby! Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was the only "Lost" castmember to come to ABC's press tour party. There was a throng of about a dozen people waiting near the entrance for him, and I'm not ashamed to admit I was one of them. When he saw the crowd, he cheered, "My people!" and grabbed us all in a huge bear hug. Then he turned out to be maybe the best interview subject of the whole damn tour, articulate, funny, candid, you name it. When someone asked him how to pronounce his name, the guy sang it to us, for God's sake. He was very, very, incredibly cool.

I'm sure I'll write some about this over on the official tour blog (which has some more on the future of "Arrested," plus other recent tour anecdotes), but since I've explored my man-crush on Eko so often on this site, I felt I had to bring it up here first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you two enjoyed "Brokeback Mountain" together. Keep it in control for god's sake.

bill komissaroff said...

Pronounce it? I can barely type it....Adelwale has incredible charisma. I always thought he was the most compelling character in Oz.

-bill from delaware