Monday, January 30, 2006

Shipoopi!

These days, Marian and I don't get around to "Grey's Anatomy" until Monday nights, so more on that tomorrow. Instead, I spent most of my Sunday doing the Fox comedy nostalgia thing: "Malcolm," "King of the Hill," "Simpsons" and "Family Guy" -- and, once again, I find myself laughing more at "Family Guy" than the others combined. Either the show has gotten a lot better in its second incarnation or its rhythms have just grown on me, but I like it a lot more now than I did years ago.

For those who didn't see it, last night's show had Peter lucking into a spot on the Patriots' roster, where he scored touchdowns but annoyed the hell out of Tom Brady with his celebration antics, highlighted by a full-length, stadium-wide performance of "Shipoopi," from "The Music Man." Knowing Seth MacFarlane's musical tastes, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the entire episode was done as an excuse to do that "Shipoopi" production number, which was both hysterical and impressively choreographed/animated.

One question: didn't Brady attend Homer Simpson's obnoxious touchdown celebration school back in the last "Simpsons" Super Bowl episode? If so, methinks he doth protest Peter's antics too much.

No comments: