Thursday, January 19, 2006

Why don't he write?

Sorry the entries here have been few and far between the last couple of days. It's tougher than I had hoped to write a newspaper column and two different blogs in a given day when I'm also spending most of the day interviewing people.

A quick link catchup: In Wednesday's column, I wrote about Fox canceling "Malcolm in the Middle" and "That '70s Show," along with some stuff about censorship issues on the WB's college human sexuality class drama "The Bedford Diaries." Today's column, meanwhile, is a grab bag about CBS News' search for a new anchor, "American Idol" ratings (in a huge shocker, they're still huge), a very funny "24" practical joke story (in an actual shocker, who would've thought Carlos Bernard was the big prankster?) and a few comments from Josh Schwartz about how the new Kaitlin Cooper is going to introduce viewers to "the Muppet Babies version" of "The O.C."

And over at the other blog, I've got a couple of new entries up: one about David Mamet (including his reaction to "Glengarry Elf Ross"), one about the budding "Freaks and Geeks" alum vs. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum feud on "How I Met Your Mother."

And since I can't use curse words in the official blog, let me clarify a couple of quotes here: First, the quote from the Delta Force guy is "How about the way they wear their fucking berets, for openers?" while Neil Patrick Harris described Barney as "Yoda with a boner."

Don't you feel much better for knowing that? I know I do.

Today I'm heading over to the set of "The Office," followed by an interview with the music supervisor for "The O.C." and "Grey's Anatomy," so blogging in either location may be even rarer until tomorrow.

In terms of the actual mission of this thing, the only TV I've watched since I've been out here is a rough cut of next week's "Veronica Mars," which UPN close-circuited in the hotel. I'll talk a lot more about it after it airs, but that there is some good fucking TV (no berets or boners involved).

No comments: