Friday, June 20, 2008

No longer cut off in mid-funk: Freaks and Geeks yearbook edition coming back

Back when I was revisiting "Freaks and Geeks" last summer, I would frequently lament my decision to buy the regular, albeit bonus-laden, version of the DVD set, instead of the extra-special, absurdly bonus-laden, Yearbook Edition. Well, as David Lambert at TVShowsonDVD.com points out, the rising stars of Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel, et al was apparently enough to convince Shout Factory! that it was time for a re-release, in late October. It ain't cheap (Amazon price is $119, and that's apparently 50 bucks less than the list retail price), but if you're as obsessed with that show as I am, it's worth it. Now I can finally stop giving my buddy Steve the stinkeye every time I'm at his house and notice the Yearbook up on his shelf.

10 comments:

joy said...

Bought it. Loved it. No one's allowed to borrow it. It's freakin' awesome.

With all the detail that went into it, I can see why they charge so much. Worth every penny.

Jesse said...

Not to brag or nothin', but not only do I have the Yearbook, I got it signed by Paul Feig.

If Apatow or any of the cast visit DC, it's getting even more.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is one of the few DVD sets that I can't really fight the price on. It's both understandable that it costs so much *and* totally worth it.

Anonymous said...

I paid $127.50 for the Yearbook Edition and haven't regretted it one iota. IMHO, it's the best DVD ever.

Annie Bulloch said...

You have got to be kidding me. I just broke down and bought the currently available version THIS WEEK! Oh well.

Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding me. I just broke down and bought the currently available version THIS WEEK! Oh well.

I hope you haven't opened it yet.....fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

That's freaking awesome news, Alan!

Jesse - You're bragging. And I'm jealous.

Bobcat said...

Can someone tell me what extras are on it?

Anonymous said...

bobcat:

Here's where you can find out what the YE extras were:

http://www.dvdmg.com/freaksandgeeksle.shtml

Unknown said...

Fantastic - the Yearbook becomes my keeping copy, and my old set becomes the loaner to get passed around.