Friday, June 13, 2008

Swingtown, "Love Will Find a Way": Subtle as a leisure suit

Well, that's it for me with "Swingtown." I thought about going into all the ways that the second episode confirmed my opinion of the pilot, but I just don't care enough to bother. Basically, this is a Max Fischer Players version of "The Ice Storm," with (slightly) better production values. Feel free to get spoiler-y in the comments if you want, but I'm done with this one.

(Amusingly, after the first episode performed decently in the ratings, the PTC finally did call for "Swingtown" to be taken off the air. So we're still in agreement, for different reasons.)

6 comments:

Mrglass said...

The PTC is a disgrace to bigots. Look at their review of 'Arrested Development' for a laugh:

"The language is also very harsh on this program, as “bleeps” are scripted into the program. In one episode, Buster expresses his dislike for his mother by going on an expletive laden tirade, all of which had to be censored by the network."

More important news: the final episode of Battlestar Galactica (mid-)season is streaming online! Start is at every hour, so watch it at 3pm.

http://www.scifi.com/

Anonymous said...

Man, I sure would love to see "The continuing adventures of Max Fisher and Dirk Calloway (Boy Wonder)"...

Anonymous said...

I have a fairly high tolerance for bad television. I'm not above the occasional episode of Matlock or Murder, She Wrote. But Swingtown didn't hold my attention for an entire episode. I wish I could say I turned it off because I was scandalized. But I was just bored.

Anonymous said...

I love swingtown. my husband and i watched it evertime it came on. and the language is not harsh if you cant handle it dont watch it, but for the rest of us grown ups please keep swingtown on the air. I have got to know if susans going to keep up her dirty little secret, and whats going to happen when trina has the baby? i love susan and trina. this show is so hot and steamy, thats what america wants to see. PLEASE CBS D0NT CANCEL SWINGTOWN WE L O V E I T !!!!! keep up the good work guys love you all your great actors. looking forward to the next season. good ,sexy and juicy.

Anonymous said...

oh and by the way the show swingtown WAS NOT EVEN close to be boring.if anything we found it to be very exciting, if anyone finds it boring then watch something else and let the rest of us who love it watch it!!!!!!!! if you get into it you'll love it just as much as we did.

Anonymous said...

KEEP IT ON THE AIR